Monday, December 12, 2022

Halsey

 It's a little after noon, and Halsey is being snorted by Veuve Clicquot rose and telling me things that maybe she shouldn't. It's like the fact that the last time she visited Central Park, she was with an ex-boyfriend, who was recovering from heroin and was just looking to lounge on the beach for six hours. Or the fact that her record label initially planned for us to take an intimate boat ride. She smiles "And I was like , 'Fuck not,'" she said. "I'm not going to sailboat. I fucking hate boats. That's not what I'm going to do. It's similar to having a date with a stranger. But I won't have to spend all day worrying whether I will have to get sex later. Perhaps she's been arrested by police after drinking at the park. she walked away however, she left behind a backpack filled with schoolwork that bore her name and has not yet been arrested. "I'm really good in escaping from things, it appears," she says. She sat on a picnic blanket and sips a drink from her Solo cup. Two years ago, Halsey wasn't actually Halsey. She was Ashley Nicolette Frangipane (19-year-old community-college graduate) who couch-surfed between the basements in her house in New Jersey and the Bed-Stuy/Lower East Side hovels.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Suzanne Pleshette

  Suzanne Pleshette (January 31, 1937 - - January 19th January 19, 2008) was an American film, theatre television, voice actress.Pleshette b...